- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 50g Doddington’s Darling Blue cheese
- 50g button mushrooms
Doddington’s Darling Blue Cheese Sauce for Steak
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir in the flour.
- Let it cook for 1 minute or so, stirring all the time.
- Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until the sauce is smooth and all the milk has been added.
- Bring the mixture to up to simmer.
- Then stir in the Darling Blue cheese and the sliced button mushrooms.
- Cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly, then season to taste and serve.
Thank you to Sue Todd Photography for creating this recipe and for the beautiful photography.