- 2 eggs
- a splash of whole milk
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 4 slices white sourdough
- 4 slices of Berwick Edge Cheese, plus 2-3 tbsp extra grated Berwick Edge to cook
- 2 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Berwick Edge Cheese & Chilli Jam French Toast Recipe
- Whisk the eggs, milk, mustard powder and some seasoning together, and pop into a baking dish large enough to hold your toast.
- Make two sandwiches using the bread, Berwick Edge Cheese and chilli jam.
- Dip your sandwiches into the egg mix and coat both sides of the sandwiches with the mix.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter using a medium-high heat.
- Put the sandwiches into your frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. You want them to be nicely golden on both sides.
- Next sprinkle the grated cheese over the sandwiches and flip them over so that the cheese gets crispy and crusty, then repeat on the other side.
Thank you to Sue Todd Photography.