Doddington’s Darling Blue Cheese Burger
- Finely chop the shallot and put into a bowl with the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and form into four equally sized burgers.
- Grill the bacon and set to one side.
- Grill the cut side of the burger buns.
- Put the burgers onto a hot griddle and press with a weight – we used a Victorian flat iron!
- Once cooked add your grated or crumbled Darling Blue cheese to the top of each burger and grill to melt the cheese.
- Add mayonnaise to the toasted side of the bun bases, add lettuce leaves and then a burger with its melted cheese. Add another cheesy burger to the top of this.
- Top off with the bacon, and slices of tomato and gherkin.
- Spread the top of each bun with mayonnaise, mustard and Dr. Wills BBQ sauce before popping onto the burger buns.
- Use a skewer to hold them together
- Serving suggestion: why not add a side of hand cut chips, homemade slaw and an ice cold beer?