Doddington’s Berwick Edge Cheese & Ham Crown Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment/baking paper.
- Unroll your puff pastry joining the two short ends together so that you have one longer strip. Use the paper the pastry came wrapped in to do this as this will make life easier when you come to roll it up.
- Take a small bowl and combine the ketchup (try Dr. Will’s) and paprika together before spreading it over the pastry, leaving a gap of 1cm/1/2in bare round the edges.
- Next layer the slices of ham or turkey across this and top with Doddington’s Berwick Edge cheese, grated and spread evenly.
- Roll the pastry up along the long edge, rolling it as tightly as you can.
- Bring the two ends of your roll round to form a ring and join them together.
- Move the finished ring onto your baking tray.
- Take a sharp knife and cut 2cm/3/4in width slits all the way around the edge of the ring, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Very gently twist and pull each section and lay each slice of pastry on its side, so that the inner swirls are slightly exposed.
- Brush the top and sides of the pastry crown with beaten egg before sprinkling with the salt and the sesame seeds.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when nicely golden brown and leave to cool on the tray slightly before serving.