Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
April 30, 2015
Exciting times for Doddington Dairy! Announced winner of the BBC Food and Farming Awards for Best Food Producer at a prestigious ceremony held at College Green in Bristol on Thursday 30th April 2015. The award was presented to Neill and Jackie Maxwell by Chair of the judges, chef proprietor of Caf Spice Namaste and celebrity television chef, Cyrus Todiwala, OBE DL. This is the first time a company in Northumberland has won this award, so we feel particularly proud.
Describing Doddington Dairy, Sheila Dillon, presenter of BBC Radio 4s The Food Programme and host of the Food & Farming Awards said:
21 Years Ago, Neill and Margaret Ann Maxwell who farm at Doddington near Wooler in Northumberland launched Doddington cheese, to add value to their milk. Later in 2000, Neill and his wife Jackie launched Doddington Dairy Ice cream, and last night they were awarded the Best Food Producer award at the BBC Food and Farming Awards ceremony in Bristol.
On hearing the news of their fantastic achievement, Jackie Maxwell Director of Doddington Dairy said:
We are absolutely delighted to receive this incredible recognition on a national platform and from such esteemed judges who recognized the quality of the products we produce.
It was a great honour to be told by the judges that the deciding factors were, that we are a hard working farm, turning our produce into food, creating sustainable jobs and having a positive impact on the local economy in what is, a very rural location.
Margaret Ann, Neill and myself would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us over the years; our customers, suppliers and of course our very hardworking and committed staff. All of these people, in addition to other family members have been integral to this huge achievement and it certainly would not have been at all possible without everyones commitment and dedication.
Over the years, Doddington Dairy has scooped a number of awards, but for them, being awarded BBC Radios 4s Food Producer of the year is quite literally the topping on the cone with sprinkles!
- #SpotTheDod on social media!?
- An Update from Doddington Dairy
- Cheese gifts for Mother’s Day
- Christmas Cheese Gifts
- Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
- Christmas Orders 2019
- Doddington 2020 Recipe Series
- Doddington cheese maker to publish children’s novel
- Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
- Doddington Dairy wins at ChronicleLive Rural Awards
- Doddington Milk Bar Collections
- Doddington’s brand new recipe range
- Get our brand new Little Darling cheese at a special price for Valentine’s Day
- Get your FREE 250g Capability Brown cheese
- Happy New Year from Doddington Dairy
- Isabelle Maxwell: Life on the farm during lockdown
- It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!
- Job Vacancy – Assistant Herdsperson
- Last order dates for Christmas cheese
- Last orders Wednesday 9th December