Isabelle Maxwell: Life on the farm during lockdown
June 13, 2020
My plan for this summer had been to finish my second-year university exams before coming home and working as a tour guide at Alnwick Castle.
However, as we all know, this has been far from a normal summer. Instead of sitting my exams at university, they were taken from home. And, at the same time as revising, there were plenty of hungry calves needing to be fed daily.
This summer was going to be something very different to the one I had planned.
And it was going to be something very different to the summer my family’s business, Doddington Dairy, had planned.
Many people who couldn’t get to shops to buy their cheese and gifts turned to the internet for their cheese fix. What’s not to love about a few clicks and cheese arriving on your doorstep?
While we are excited about the cheese that we produce here from our own cows’ milk at Doddington, we did feel that the way that we presented them online and in our hampers needed a bit of a revamp, with most of the imagery having been taken before our rebrand.
So that’s where I came in. Having always been fairly arty at school, as well as having very little else to do, I was brought in to look at the current online offering and what could be improved.
Initially starting with Father’s Day, which needed something fairly quickly, we asked ourselves (and our Dads) the question ‘what do Dads like to receive for Father’s Day?’
While laughing off my Dad’s reply of socks initially, the idea soon developed into a Father’s Day hamper with all the treats that Dad might like: socks, cheese and chocolate. I then came up with the idea of putting them all into a postable package.
Now this hamper has been launched we are hoping to develop more hampers in the near future, so watch this space!
- #SpotTheDod on social media!?
- An Update from Doddington Dairy
- Cheese gifts for Mother’s Day
- Christmas Cheese Gifts
- Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
- Christmas Orders 2019
- Doddington 2020 Recipe Series
- Doddington cheese maker to publish children’s novel
- Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
- Doddington Dairy wins at ChronicleLive Rural Awards
- Doddington Milk Bar Collections
- Doddington’s brand new recipe range
- Get our brand new Little Darling cheese at a special price for Valentine’s Day
- Get your FREE 250g Capability Brown cheese
- Happy New Year from Doddington Dairy
- Isabelle Maxwell: Life on the farm during lockdown
- It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!
- Job Vacancy – Assistant Herdsperson
- Last order dates for Christmas cheese
- Last orders Wednesday 9th December