Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
September 3, 2019
How far ahead do you plan for Christmas? We think we might have you beat here at Doddington. We have already begun making cheeses for next year’s Christmas!
For the year 2020 we have begun producing our Doddington Christmas Cheese, which takes a staggering 14-24 months to mature. We have also started making the Cuddy’s Cave Cheeses needed for this year’s Christmas, which needs to mature for a minimum of three months.
December is the busiest month of the year for cheese at Doddington. With Christmas comes many cheese boards and lots of nibbles, so we must be very prepared now in order to make sure everyone gets a taste of our creamy cheeses at Christmas time!
Following the making of this Christmas’s Cuddy’s Cave, we will be swiftly moving on to making Darling Blue and Capability Brown. Our cheese makers will be hard at work through September and October increasing production so enough cheeses are ripe in time for Christmas.
Some of you will be happy to hear that we will also be making some of our baby Darling Blues during this time! Its looking to be a cheery Christmas, with lots of cheese to go around!
- #SpotTheDod on social media!?
- Cheese gifts for Mother’s Day
- Christmas Cheese Gifts
- Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
- Doddington cheese maker to publish children’s novel
- Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
- Doddington Dairy wins at ChronicleLive Rural Awards
- Doddington’s brand new recipe range
- Get our brand new Little Darling cheese at a special price for Valentine’s Day
- Get your FREE 250g Capability Brown cheese
- Happy New Year from Doddington Dairy
- It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!
- Last order dates for Christmas cheese
- Our cheese in all its wonderful glory
- Our full recipe series
- Time for a Change