It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!
August 15, 2018
It’s all about the Taste! We’ve always known that, but it’s just been proved by the Great Taste Awards 2018. We are thrilled that, in our first year of entering, our Doddington cheese has been awarded a coveted 3-star award, only 192 ‘extraordinarily tasty’ products are judged of this standard, from the more than 12600 products entered.
In addition, the Admiral Collingwood, Berwick Edge and Capability Brown all gained 2 star awards (dubbed above and beyond delicious) and our Darling Blue and Smoked Cuddy’s Cave were awarded 1 stars (foods that deliver fantastic flavour).
The products are blind tasted by a selected panel of food critics, chefs, cooks, restauranteurs and producers and then they decide which products are worthy of the 1-, 2- or 3-star awards. The Doddington was described as ” A beautiful looking cheese with a lovely rind. We love the texture of this cheese and found the flavour journey wonderful. We love the creaminess followed by acidity followed by nuttiness. We all went back for more and were imagining eating this cheese with a hunk of bread and a good red wine.”
The 3-star winners are now re-tasted and re-judged for the Great Taste 2018 awards to agree on Golden Fork Trophy winners for each region as well as the Great Taste Supreme Champion announced in September!
- #SpotTheDod on social media!?
- An Update from Doddington Dairy
- Cheese gifts for Mother’s Day
- Christmas Cheese Gifts
- Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
- Christmas Orders 2019
- Doddington 2020 Recipe Series
- Doddington cheese maker to publish children’s novel
- Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
- Doddington Dairy wins at ChronicleLive Rural Awards
- Doddington Milk Bar Collections
- Doddington’s brand new recipe range
- Get our brand new Little Darling cheese at a special price for Valentine’s Day
- Get your FREE 250g Capability Brown cheese
- Happy New Year from Doddington Dairy
- Isabelle Maxwell: Life on the farm during lockdown
- It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!
- Job Vacancy – Assistant Herdsperson
- Last order dates for Christmas cheese
- Last orders Wednesday 9th December