We have a brand new cheese variety!
November 1, 2022
We’re delighted to announce the arrival of our EIGHTH variety of cheese.
Hotspur – named after Sir Henry Percy – the eldest son of the 1st Earl of Northumberland – who was nicknamed Harry Hotspur.
Harry was a Knight so fierce that it was thought that his spurs were on fire as he led his men into battle.
Hotspur is matured for 4-6 months, before being marinated in extra virgin olive oil and coated in cracked black pepper then left to mature for a further month. The smooth textured cheese has a multi-layered complex taste that leaves a firey kick.
Hotspur joins Doddington, Capability Brown, Cuddy’s Cave, Smoked Cuddy’s Cave, Darling Blue, Berwick Edge and Admiral Collingwood as number 8 in the Doddington Dairy cheese family.
- #SpotTheDod on social media!?
- An Update from Doddington Dairy
- Cheese gifts for Mother’s Day
- Christmas Cheese Gifts
- Christmas Cheeses: Planning and Preparation
- Christmas Deliveries 2023
- Christmas Orders 2019
- Doddington 2020 Recipe Series
- Doddington cheese maker to publish children’s novel
- Doddington Dairy Scoops Best Food Producer at BBC Food and Farming Awards
- Doddington Dairy wins at ChronicleLive Rural Awards
- Doddington Milk Bar Collections
- Doddington wins three World Cheese Awards
- Doddington’s brand new recipe range
- Get our brand new Little Darling cheese at a special price for Valentine’s Day
- Get up to £15 off your New Year cheese
- Get your FREE 250g Capability Brown cheese
- Happy New Year from Doddington Dairy
- Isabelle Maxwell: Life on the farm during lockdown
- It’s All About the Taste – Great Taste Awards 2018!